Board of Directors
Chair - Christopher Gardner
Christopher serves as President of Condev Companies, a real estate development and investment company based in Winter Park. Chris is a graduate of Appalachian State University, and is a member of the Florida Association of Home Builders. He currently serves on the Catholic Charities Housing Board. He and his family are parishioners of St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church in Winter Park.
Vice Chair - Brian Stevens
Secretary/Treasurer - Joshua Aguilar
Joshua is a business transactional lawyer and manager of Cielo Law PLLC in downtown Winter Park, FL. Joshua is a graduate of the Wake Forest University School of Law and has an MBA from the Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College. Joshua currently resides in Maitland with his wife and daughter. They are parishioners of St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church in Winter Park.
Members at Large
Carol Ann Frechette
David R. Ramos
Julio L. Rocha
Role of the Board
The board’s role is to effectively represent and promote the interests of the Diocese of Orlando with a view to adding long-term value to Catholic Charities of Central Florida, operating throughout the Diocesan boundaries though headquartered in Orlando. Having regard to its role, the board directs and supervises the management of the business and affairs of Catholic Charities including:
- Ensuring that Catholic Charities' goals are clearly established, and that strategies are in place for achieving them;
- Establishing policies for strengthening the performance of Catholic Charities, including ensuring that management is proactively seeking to build the business through innovation, initiative, technology, new products, and the development of its business capital;
- Monitoring the performance of management;
- Voting on the appointment of the chief executive officer, setting the terms of his/her employment agreement, and, where necessary, terminating his/her employment;
- Deciding what steps are necessary to protect Catholic Charities' financial position and the ability to meet its debts and other obligations when they fall due, and ensuring that such steps are taken;
- Ensuring that Catholic Charities' financial statements are true and fair and otherwise conform with law;
- Ensuring that Catholic Charities adheres to high standards of ethics and corporate behavior; and
- Ensuring that Catholic Charities has appropriate risk management/regulatory compliance policies in place.